Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chapter 2_ dana text

I wasn't familiar with the term action research before this class. However, now I am gaining perspective on action research, and I realize as teachers and administrators the process is used frequently. However, I am skeptical on just how much the WHOLE process is used or just steps of action research. Most decisions that occur at a school have had research done to determine the best solution.   As we learned in the text, action research is used in every degree of education. From school performance, to staff development action research exists. 

I highly recommend teachers and administrators who are not familiar with action research to become comfortable with it and implement action research in their school.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that there may be a lot of cases where the process is used without the application of the terminology. This does not necessarily detract from the process, but knowing the terminology and investigating the process helps everyone be on the same page.

    ReplyDelete